I confess that I am addicted to my Google calendar. Everything goes on my Google calendar. So when I came across this cool trick for making the background for the weekends a different color, I just had to pass this on.
If you’re like me, and your calendar week starts with Sunday, and ends with Saturday, then do this:
- Go to your Google Calendar page
- Click on the little cog on the right hand side
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom to where it says “Calendar background”
- Paste the text below where it says “Enter image URL”:
- Click “save” at the very bottom, and voila! Your weekends now have a light blue background.
Many thanks to Lifehacker and CSGeek for this cool trick. To see the rest of the options, plus some other tricks, check out Calendar Views, Frozen Macs, and Address Bar Shortcuts.